Novotel Amsterdam City Hotel
- Website: http://www.sulphurcap2020.com/index.htm
Fuel is the lifeblood of the shipping industry and is fundamental to almost every aspect of propulsion. So, when there is a change to the fuels picture, it has a knock-on effect for all other aspects of operation. From 1 January 2020, shipping will see huge changes in its use of fuel, as the Global Sulphur Cap comes into force, dictating the use of compliant fuel or abatement technologies.
With the deadline approaching fast, this issue is dominating discussion in the industry and this is why the Sulphur Cap 2020 Conference in Amsterdam will reflect this by taking the Global Sulphur Cap as its theme, examining all the key issues facing shipping through the lens of the Sulphur Cap.
Issues addressed will include:
- What is the right fuel choice?
- What role can enginebuilders play in aiding compliance and how are their designs and plans affected by the cap?
- What are the technological problems posed by new fuels?
- Will there be sufficient compliant fuel available?
- Will fuel quality be maintained?
- Are scrubbers an efficient and cost-effective solution?
- How is lube choice affected by the cap?
- Will we see large-scale adoption of LNG post-2020
- How will shipowners' operations and bottom lines be affected?
DNV GL is a gold sponsor of this conference. In the session “Fuels and Lubricants” we will provide a presentation and Q&A session.
Please see the whole programme here.
We look forward to seeing you!